Monday, June 13, 2016

Free Poetry Workshops with Lori Howe

by Susan

Wyoming poet Lori Howe is traveling the state, offering free poetry workshops and holding book signings. She provided fantastic inspiration at Wyoming Writers Inc.'s recent conference. (I came away with two draft poems I'm eager to revise and polish from her sessions.) If you didn't get a chance to learn from her at conference, or if you did and want another dose, here is where she'll be:

WORKSHOPS
  • Casper - June 13, 5:30-8:00 p.m. at Natrona County Library
  • Sheridan - June 14, 6:00-8:30 p.m. at Sheridan County Fulmer Public Library
  • Basin - June 16, 6:00-8:30 p.m. at Big Horn County Library
  • Cody - June 18, 1:00-4:00 p.m. at Park County Library
  • Thermopolis - June 21, 5:30-7:30 p.m. at Hot Springs County Library
  • Rock Springs - June 27, 6:00-8:00 p.m. at Rock Springs Library
  • Green River - June 28, 6:00-8:00 p.m. at Sweetwater County Library
  • Pinedale - June 29, 5:30-8:00 p.m. at Sublette County Library
  • Centennial - June 30, 11 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. at Centennial Branch Library
READINGS/SIGNINGS
  • Sheridan - June 15, reading/signing from 5:30-7:00 p.m. at Sheridan Stationery Books, and Gallery
  • Cody - June 17, book signing from 1:00-3:00 p.m. at  Cody's Legends Bookstore
  • Thermopolis - June 20, reading/signing from 5:30-7:00 p.m. at  Thermopolis Storyteller Books

Lori will also be at the Jackson Hole Writers Conference June 22-26. There's still time to register, and anyone who attended the Wyoming Writers Inc. conference may request a discount.

Lori Howe holds an M.F.A. in poetry, and is a doctoral candidate in Literacy Studies at the University of Wyoming. She has been teaching creative writing workshops with all kinds of writing populations for the last ten years, at the college level and in communities around Wyoming. She is the editor in chief of Clerestory: Poems of the Mountain West and the author of Cloudshade: Poems of the High Plains and Voices at Twilight.

2 comments:

1. Damn!! ( Is that allowed in this family blog?) And here I am in Colorado, a bit too far to head up even to Centennial for Lori's workshops. I learned so much from her at the WWI conference. And I too came away with two poems from those workshops, both of which I worked on this week and now have in final shape to send out. She's an extraordinary workshop leader, inspiring and bustling with energy. BTW I've also finished last night a first pass through Cloudshade. Great read. I will start through a slower second read to get the most out of each poem.

ReplyDelete
  2. And I'm in Minnesota - or I'd be at one of these events.

ReplyDelete

Writing Wyoming blog comments are moderated--yours will be posted shortly. Thanks for joining in the conversation!